Sunday, May 17, 2009

Epiphany Journal

Have you ever been up until 3 am unable to sleep?  For me, when those endless nights drag on, it is also the times I have amazing (to me, anyway) epiphanies.  For others, they may come while reading a book, gardening or cooking,  or maybe in the shower.  

I usually forget these significant moments and the motivation and inspiration that comes with them quickly wanes.   I am sure the information is in my subconcious somewhere but it is not quite as useful if I could use it in my day-to-day life.  

I have decided to keep a journal next to my bed (small enough that I can toss it into my cluttered, seemingly bottomless purse) to jot down my lightbulb moments.  

With this priceless book I will be able to reread and memorize my deepest thoughts and incorporate those fleeting feelings of light, hope, and invigorating clarity into my life.  

It will be just another little tool to help me on my journey to discovering and aligning my actions with my authentic self.  


Are there any particular times, places, or activities that spur "epiphanies" for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment